Jul 4, 2008

Lemon Liu, a primary school education major, wrote me rather a long message about her expiences in my Oral English class.

Adorable...(photo of Lemon and me)...


Lemon & Oral English & Kevin

by Lemon Liu



On Friday afternoon, we have two Oral English classes which are very relax and enjoyable. All of us like to have this lesson. However on Friday afternoon, we went to classroom as usual, and our Oral English teacher Kevin told us a bad news.


He said to us that he will not teach in this school any more, because he was employed by Cunjin College Guangdong Ocean University and he has accepted.


When I heard this news, I was in a bad mood and absentminded. For me, I like this foreign teacher very much. He is not only my teacher, but a very good friend to me. During this year Lemon and Kevin, from unacquainted to cognitive to be friend, I think it is lucky and fate that arrange us to know each other.

I am really really happy to make friend with Kevin. He is a very kind and responsible teacher, in his class, the atmosphere is very active and pleasant. He will prepare a lot of material for us to practice Oral English, which are very interesting and funny, so we enjoy it so much!

As far as I am concerned, because I know my Oral English is very poor, I will never forget that my Oral Exam for University Examination did not pass, I got just D, which made me can not enter the Foreign Language Department. So when I entered this college, I have sweared that I must try my best to improve my Oral English.

In last term, I still remembered that our Oral English less was on Wednesday morning. At that time, we just have two lessons in the morning, so I always waited Kevin after class was over. Because I wanted to seize the opportunity to speak English with a foreigner. Along the way to the North Gate, we communicated with each other in English. From No. 4 Teaching Building to North Gate, it took about 20 minutes. This 20 minutes was very precious for me, ever 20 minutes conversations in every week, not only gave me chance to express my opinions in English, Kevin always listened to me carefully, but also Kevin to understand me deeply.

I have never been a brave girl, but Kevin was patient and nice that rid of my frighten. He helped me to correct some grammar mistakes and gave me a lot of practical suggestions. Finally, we became friends.

To my surprise, he can remember my English name Lemon, which made me feel appreciated. And in the class, he always call “Lemon, please!”, “Thank you, Lemon!” I always help him to turn on the computer or do some examples, I feel it is my honour to do him a favor.

Next Friday is the last two lessons he gives us this term, then he will leave for another college to teach. Although I do not want to accept, that is a fact.

At last, I just feeling like saying that THANK YOU, KEVIN!

With you, I became a brave girl, I fall in love with speaking English, and my Oral English level have improved greatly.

I learn to communicate with others in English……….

THANK YOU, KEVIN!
MISS YOU, KEVIN!
THE BEST WISHES FOR YOU!

LEMON

NB: I'll teach more Oral English at Ocean University, and that's one of the main reasons for the move.
Be well,

Kevin

No comments: