Jul 4, 2008

Good morning,

The final examinations -- as with almost any activity here -- provides students with yet another photo opportunity with the Foreign Teacher.
Judy Tan and Salina Chen sent me photos. Salina included this message:


Good morning,kavin,I am salina,NO.9,another class student,I am so sad you don't know about me ,you had asked my name the third time.....the girl in this photo is me..........please remember me .....have a good summer holiday...

Thank you
yours'
Salina

The "another class" means Salina is a primary school science education major, and she along with 18 of her classmates were dropped into the primary English education majors Oral English class (Judy).

With 330 students it's not always easy for me to remember names.


Tuesday morning I'll haul my stuff to my new Ocean University apartment. OK -- I'll hire someone to help -- five flights down -- a ten minute walk -- and nine flights up may prove daunting even for so brave a Foreign Teacher as I.


The current occupants of my apartment, Anna and Arthur, return to Uzbekistan tomorrow. Yes, two Uzbeks teach English in Zhaniang. Married, they are ethnic Russians and speak Russian, Turkish, Uzbek and English. Anna and Arthur speak English as well as many English-speaking Scandinavians. Anna is pregnant so it's time to return to Tashkent.



Art -- I may visit them in Tashkent next year -- want to come with?


I'll soon make my Santa Fe travel plans. My return to the land of blue skies....


See you soon!


Love to all,


Kevin

No comments: