Jan 2, 2009

Greetings,

Did you know that farolitos came to New Mexico via Spanish traders who took a liking to the little paper lanterns they saw in China? The lanterns were brought back through the Philippines and then to Mexico and then north to New Mexico. Is there anything these Chines can't do?


SOURCE: A Southwest Christmas (1of3)


A Southwest Christmas (2of3)


A Southwest Christmas (3of3)


Originally broadcast on New Mexico PBS station KNME
.
As for me, in a few hours I will take the night-train from Zhanjiang to Guangzhou. The train leaves Zhanjiang at 1:00 a.m., arriving in Guangzhou around 9:00 a.m. Soft sleeper -- four to a couchette. Me and a friend.

A day or two in Guangzhou and then I head for Hong Kong. Then it's Hong Kong - Doha - New York.

I'll soon return to the States, and I'm ready.

See you soon!

Love, (and a BIG HUG)

Kevin

No comments: