Sep 26, 2008

Greetings,

Typhoon Hagupit roared into Zhanjiang this morning, so by now you have been deluged by local charity groups with requests for money to aid typhoon victims. Please ignore all such requests and send collected relief funds directly to my address below. NB. All currencies accepted except for the Zimbabwean and American dollars.

No school today; all classes canceled. This typhoon rocks! Today it is overcast, winds are gale force and showers heavy at times. From my window, I can trees knocked over and friends tell me of minor flooding.

Students have been told to stay in their dormitories today, six to a room. Last term students in one of my classes presented their "dorm video" in class.



These six students not only spend every class together for four years, they also room together all four years.

The song? I should have asked. The scenic highway? Nowhere near Zhanjiang, I know that.

I started teaching at the new Cunjin College campus this week. I live at the old campus and teach at the new and old campuses. From my classroom window at the new campus,
I took several photos of some of the last minute tidying-up being done to the buildings.
Clearly, building occupancy permits mean something different here.
Be well and stay dry.

Kevin


No comments: